Friday 16 September 2011

"who is the fairest of them all?"

That's right, this is my second mirror redo of the week and I think that it is my favourite of the two although my photos don't show this in all it's glory.. Like the last mirror, this one is also for my client Sandy's new shop 'Revival'.

This is basically how it arrived, except by this time I my dad had taken the mirror out

It is made from plastic and had various cracks which we tried to glue up. Also, we put a very high grab adhesive bonding along the top back to try and give the mirror more strength.


Next I took out a brush and lightly dabbed on some paint which I had used on another piece called 'French Grey' by Farrow & Ball. I love the tones of this shade, they are nice and dusky and earthy.
Here she is;


HOG
Furniture Feature Fridays

3 comments:

  1. Could'ave fooled me! It doesn't look like plastic at all! Lovely job!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out absolutely lovely. I like the gold peeking through the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the content of this blog. Nice information can be seen on this blog.
    Top quality furniture company

    ReplyDelete